SENIOR (LEAD) FRONT-END DEVELOPER
We are looking for a senior lead front-end developer for 32 to 40 hours per week for our location in ‘s-Hertogenbosch or Rotterdam.
Who are we?
Polder Knowledge helps organisations on their way to the world of tomorrow. As a technical partner we understand our client’s business. We translate their challenges into smart online solutions. We find process optimisation and working on socially significant (web) applications cool! From advice and concept to technical realisation, we stand by and support our clients. Besides this we work together with our partners on innovative software in the areas of quality management, talent management and cloud solutions.
You hang up your jacket and then…
After our daily stand-up you set off today on a new sprint, in which you and your team work on the new search functionality for Hartmann. Together with the UX designer and other developers you discuss the approach to the first story. You pair up with the PHP developer to ensure that the right data is available. You check with the designer (internal or external) whether the format is complete and clear in order to translate this into responsive templates. After the team lunch you evaluate a number of merge requests from your colleagues and you spend a short time tackling an outstanding issue. In the afternoon you have a meeting with one of our development partners, with whom we are working on a project for Total. As lead front-end you monitor quality and ensure that the right choices are made in order to achieve the intended result. You round off your day by pushing the last adaptations to staging and you inform the project manager that testing can now take place.
WHO ARE YOU?
Our team is made up of highly motivated professionals who enjoy working with Polder Knowledge. In any case you will fit in perfectly with us if you have the following characteristics:
- you are energetic, highly motivated and inquisitive
- you have a pragmatic approach
- you have a feel for design and usability
- you can take criticism (that is how we grow)
- you have good communication skills
- you have relevant work experience (min. 4 years)
- you are available 32/40 hours per week
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
You enjoy a challenge and can demonstrate that you are capable of taking on challenges. As an experienced front-end developer you will in any case be no stranger to these skills.
- HTML5, (S)CSS and webtypo
- Version management; we use Git
- Familiar with frameworks (e.g. Angular, React)
- Familiar with build tools (e.g. Grunt, Webpack)
- You can write a specification for an API
- Your GUI’s work on desktop and mobile
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence would be a plus
- Bonus points for TypeScript
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
Besides working in a friendly team in a great organisation, we are offering you:
- a competitive salary
- space for you to develop personally and professionally (FutureFit principle)
- a great deal of diversity in projects, and scope for your ambitions
- flexible working hours
- the possibility of working from home/remote working (whatever gets the job done)
- unlimited number of vacation days (huh?)
- freedom to organise your own laptop (we use Docker containers).
- a nice office in De Gruyterfabriek, the creative hotspot of ‘s-Hertogenbosch
- a nice office in the heart of Rotterdam
- 11 ambitious colleagues, professionals in the widest sense of the word
- an informal working atmosphere where hard work and fun go hand-in-hand
Do you recognise yourself in this description, and are you interested in this vacancy? Then email your CV and application letter to Rob Mulder via email@example.com.
Polder Knowledge is a FutureFit organisation; briefly this means that we get to work actively on your personal development and ambitions. We are so enthusiastic about this that we have created a (dutch) platform that enables everyone to get the best out of each other.